Running is one of the best exercises that can exist, although there is some risk to the joints and muscles, running is undoubtedly effective in improving cardiovascular health and promoting the loss of body fat.
In addition, when running, we feel great because when we run our body releases endorphins of happiness that make us feel great at the end of the exercise.
If you really like running, you can’t miss the great challenge that we are going to propose, Will you be able to run 10 kilometers? from doncomos.com we make your life simple and teach you step by step how to train to overcome this great challenge that we propose.
What do you need to train to run 10km?
- Comfortable shoes, ideal for running.
- Comfortable clothing, such as a tracksuit and a breathable T-shirt.
- Desire to work and perseverance.
- Emergency kit.
Instructions for training to run 10km
- What level am I?
It is not the same to prepare for this challenge if you are a born athlete than if you are a dizzy duck, so before following any training guidelines we have to see the level you have. To find out it is very simple, first you must run at your own pace timing as far as you can’t anymore, then having rested do 5 sprints of 50 meters resting 1 minute each time. Depending on the times you have obtained you will have a better shape or worse, if you endure a lot of running but very slowly that means you lack muscle mass, if you are fast but you do not hold it means that you lack depth and you have a lot of muscle mass and if you do not do well either of the two things it means that your physical shape is quite low.
- At your own pace:
Depending on the level of shape you are in you should do it in one way or another, if you have a fantastic physical shape you can start running every day, to try to beat your record and you will soon reach the distance, if your form is terrible and you are not able to run much, start walking fast, Then run for 5 minutes until you get to the bottom and every day run 1 minute more and a little faster, always letting the body get used to it. If you are a speed athlete who has great speed but little endurance, keep in mind that you are going to lose some muscle mass because you need to create red fibers (resistance) to the detriment of white fibers (strength).
This is key, since most of us have more resistance than we think, but we don’t know how to take advantage of the body’s oxygen and as a result we drown. First, we will try to go with a clear airway and then we will try to do continuous and deep breathing throughout the exercise. At first it will be quite difficult since we will have to force our breath but then I assure you that it will come out on its own and we will not drown, if you want to learn to run faster and get less tired here, we leave you this article where we tell you how to do it
- The sections:
If you find it very difficult to do the kilometers in one go, we will do them in sections first. First you can start by running an easy distance, 3 km for example, walking 1 km to rest, running another 3, walking another km and running 2 km to finish. When this is not difficult, we will try to reduce the rest, for example run 3.5 km and walk 0.5 km walking or take a single rest of 1 km walking when running 5 km. In the end, if we are consistent, we will be able to do the route without resting.
Tips for training for 10km running
- Patience, struggle and perseverance: We are human and the body adapts to changes, but this takes time. It is impossible to go from novice to long-distance runner in a few months, depending on your level it will take more or less but if you make an effort and follow our advice sooner or later it will come.
- Check with your doctor: If you have heart or joint problems, consult your doctor before doing this exercise because if you are not recommended for it, your body could suffer serious problems.
- Prevention: Prevention is better than cure, so we must be careful, run on terrain where it is difficult to fall, have bandages and bandages at home just in case, stop when we see that we can’t take it anymore to avoid heart attacks, adjust our shoes well and wear comfortable clothes and above all follow our pace.
- Even harder: If you want even more of a challenge, you could try to run those 10 kilometers faster and faster and then increase the distance, the final challenge is to run a marathon 42 kilometers, the thing is to never give up, respect our body and never give up.
- Hydration: Hydration is important, especially on such long runs. Since it is difficult to drink during exercise, you should drink water before and after exercise to compensate for fluid loss caused by sweating. We do not recommend Powerade drinks due to their high levels of sugars, if the race is longer, we would advise it but with 10 km water is enough.