As you well know, training should always be complemented with a good rest and a correct diet. Well, only with the combination of these three factors is that results are achieved in record time and with great performance. One way to supply these vitamins, proteins, and nutrients your muscles need is by making a smoothie. Shake which does not need to have some kind of special additive. Just a blender and of course the RIGHT ingredients for the shake to fulfill its function. For this case we will be sharing a smoothie based on almond milk and oats, which will become a protein pump for those who want to gain muscle mass.
If you are interested in knowing how to create this smoothie, they were reading this entry until the end, because we already warn that it has no loss. Not to mention that it is a very rich shake and that it can also serve to nourish the smallest of the house.
On the other hand, if you are not interested in the content in this article, you will always have thousands more available in our exercise section. As can be the following on “How to Recover Muscle Mass”.
Ingredients to prepare the smoothie.
Below is broken down into a list each of the ingredients necessary to prepare this smoothie based on almond milk and oats.
- Two bananas.
- Three egg whites.
- An egg yolk.
- Oatmeal (It can be added to taste).
- 1tbsp peanut butter.
- Honey (or sugar, this may be optional).
- And of course, almond milk.
You can also add some cocoa (colcacao / Nesquik). To give it a rich flavor, in itself the shake is delicious, but adding the chocolate will become much more appetizing, especially if you intend to give it to children as a snack.
This shake is recommended to consume it either as breakfast or snack. Especially consume it as a post-exercise shake, which means that after your training routine you proceed to drink a glass of it.
It is not recommended that it be pre-workout because depending on the amount of oatmeal you add, the shake can be very “heavy”. Not to mention that it fulfills more the function of protein shake than energizing, so it is better to take it after exercising.
You may also be interested in reading “Shakes for weight gain”.
Steps for the preparation of the smoothie
Below we will point out the step by step that you must follow to be able to make this smoothie:
- Step one. Peel the banana by removing the skin or shell and slice it into slices.
- Step two. It is appropriate to add oatmeal to taste. Remember that the more oats you add, the thicker the smoothie will be. After doing that add an approximate of 260 ml of almond milk.
- Step three. Then it is appropriate to add the other ingredients that were mentioned above, ie. The tablespoon of peanut butter, the three egg whites and the yolk (Pending that you do not miss more than one, remember that egg yolk is cholesterol). And finally cocoa in case you want to add it and honey or sugar to sweeten it a little (These last ingredients are optional).
- Step four. And finally, as the last step to perform is to liquefy everything inside the mixer. Until the shake acquires a liquid consistency and all the ingredients have been thoroughly mixed.
In this way you will have ready this rich vitamin and protein shake based on almond milk and oats.
Benefits of Almond milk for your body.
Almond milk has a wide variety of benefits for your body. Taking into account that the shake presented uses this ingredient as a base. We consider it appropriate to explain what its benefits are.
- Rich in essential fatty acids. Perfect to maintain good health in your cardiovascular system and heart.
- It does not contain gluten or lactose. This makes it a perfect ingredient for people who are lactose intolerant, it works as the perfect substitute for it. Not to mention that it helps people with gastrointestinal problems or that they complicate the realization of a correct digestion.
- High content of minerals and vitamins. It is a carrier of vitamin E (a natural antioxidant) and all vitamins belonging to group B. As for minerals we can mention zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
- Source of potassium. As we know, potassium is synonymous with energy, so ingesting it after a workout will help recompose the “battery” of your body.
- Source of calcium. Cow’s milk is reputed to be the greatest carrier of natural calcium, but the truth is that this is propaganda. It has been proven that almond milk has even more calcium than cow’s milk.