After you’ve explained how to exercise without weights and how to train with them, it’s time to explain how to perform deadlift exercise. Exercising is one of the healthiest practices that can be done and that will mean that we can enjoy a wide range of benefits.
Depending on your tastes and needs you can choose some disciplines or activities or others. Everything counts to stay in good shape and enjoy more health.
If you are a person looking to improve your conditions in the gym, you may be interested in knowing how to perform deadlift exercise. To ensure that it is complete you must take into account a series of considerations and tips that we are going to tell you so that you achieve the best results. In addition, we recommend that you read how to recover muscles after exercise.
How to do deadlifts step by step
If you want to have an exercise routine of which the deadlift is part, you have to keep in mind that it is a practice that is very complete and beneficial, but that is not without risks. If it is not done following the proper guidelines, we will find ourselves with the possibility of suffering some type of injury.
This is because there are a lot of parts of the body involved, being necessary to be aware from the point where you start to go progressively. The steps to follow to know how to perform deadlift exercise are as follows:
- First you must stand up and open your legs, which should be in line with the hips and shoulders, placing your feet lightly towards the outside. In this way, it is possible to contribute to achieving the ideal balance.
- Now, with your back completely straight, it will be time to bend your knees slightly.
- Now we will have to start lowering the body with the back straight, trying to keep the thighs parallel to the body and feet, while the lower legs are kept at right angles.
- Looking ahead, you should move your shoulders at the same time and your hips while descending.
With these steps in mind, several sets and repetitions should be carried out. As you notice that there is progress, it is possible to start including dumbbell weights, so that greater resistance is created.
Muscles involved in deadlift exercise
Now that you know how to perform deadlift exercise, it’s time for you to know something more about this type of practice. To begin with, you should know that although it is an exercise that may seem simple and simple to perform, it involves the movement of a large number of muscles.
This is what causes it to be one of the most complete exercises that can be done in the gym. At the time of going down to deadlift, the legs are activated, and therefore the calves and thighs are mainly worked, which are responsible for maintaining the resistance of the body. Likewise, it is also possible to strengthen the muscles of the trapezius and the spinal erector.
With the rise, the intensity is enhanced and work the gluteus maximus, hamstrings, torso-lumbar tissue and the great dorsal. Therefore, it is a perfect type of exercise to exercise both leg muscles and the entire back. Therefore, it seems essential to have an adequate position of the back to avoid injuries while increasing the muscles.
Common mistakes when doing deadlifts
Known how to perform deadlift exercise and all the muscles that are involved in this type of exercise, it is time to remember the usual mistakes when carrying out this exercise, so that you know what you should not do when you are about to carry it out.
Although it is a simple exercise to perform, it has a technique and some points to consider to avoid injuries. The most common errors are:
- Exceeding the weight to be lifted. Before starting to carry weight, it is essential that you master the technique and start exercising your back progressively to avoid injuries.
- Poor placement of the feet. If an adequate opening and slight inclination is not made, all the movement performed will have a bad orientation, and this can cause damage to the muscles.
- Placing the hip too low. Knee flexion should be done in a subtle way, without becoming a squat. In that case, too much stress would be caused on the joints.