Pilates is a sport that has many followers today thanks to the fact that it is a perfect activity to take care of our posture, regain flexibility and tone our muscles. There is a widespread, and totally false, belief that Pilates is a very gentle exercise that does not require any kind of preparation. This is not true at all.
Pilates is a fairly intense exercise and as such it becomes a perfect ally when it comes to losing weight. If you are interested in doing Pilates to lose weight, you probably have several doubts about it. The first of these is whether you can really do Pilates for weight loss and the answer is yes. Since Pilates is a fairly hard physical exercise, as we have just indicated, with regular practice you will discover that you will not only lose weight but also tone your entire body.
A tip that you should keep in mind when doing Pilates to lose weight is that you should contact an instructor who can help you. Of course, you can do Pilates from home with the help of articles and videos, but an instructor can help you progress faster and more effectively. This progress will result in you losing weight faster because your exercises will be more effective and efficient. Here are some of the best Pilate’s ideas for weight loss.
What do you need to do Pilates to lose weight?
- Comfortable clothing
- A yoga mat
Instructions for Doing Pilates for Weight Loss
- Create a routine and stick to it. You should plan your training hours and never give them up. Social commitments often make us forget about our workouts. Doing this from time to time is not a problem, but when we are not used to training, if we start to forget our workouts, we will end up quitting. You need to remember why you’re doing it. No one enjoys training as it is hard and we all end up exhausted, but the results are really worth it. Not only will you lose weight, but you will also improve your mental and emotional health.
- Remember to stretch. Thanks to them, you will warm up all your muscles and prepare yourself for the effort you are going to make.
- Focus on the exercises you’re doing and don’t cheat. It’s more worthwhile to do fewer repetitions if they’re of quality. It doesn’t matter how many repetitions you do of certain exercises. If you don’t do them correctly, it will have been like wasting your time. From the time you start practicing this sport you will have to perform few repetitions and as you gain endurance and strength you can increase the number of repetitions of each exercise.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with complicated exercises. As soon as you start practicing Pilates, you will notice that there are many very complicated exercises that you will not be able to perform. You shouldn’t be overwhelmed or demotivated by them. As you continue to practice the sport, you will discover that the figures are becoming easier and easier for you and in a few months, you will be able to face the most difficult ones. Trying to do them when you’re not at the right level will only get you frustrated and injured.
- Remember to end each practice by dedicating several minutes to relaxing your body. This short period of rest will allow your body to adjust to rest and cool down properly. You can take advantage of these moments to meditate for a while and that this is the perfect time because your body is tired from having exercised. Relax and take several deep breaths.
- If you want to practice Pilates at home, here we show you how
Tips for doing Pilates for weight loss
- When it comes to footwear, you can do whatever you see fit. There are many people who prefer to train barefoot while others prefer to do it with sneakers. What you should be looking for at all times is comfort. Try training both ways and stick with the one you feel most comfortable with.
- Remember to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. It won’t do you any good to dedicate several hours a week to doing Pilates if you don’t follow a healthy diet. If you are used to eating badly, it will probably be difficult for you to abandon your bad habits and decide to follow a good diet. You must learn to motivate yourself by thinking that you are investing in your health and fitness. Isn’t it worth giving up excess fats and sugars for your health?