Pilates is a sport that is very popular due to the many benefits it brings to the people who practice it. Doing pilates exercises will allow you to improve your fitness, lose some weight and tone all the muscles in your body. What are you waiting for to give it a try? Doing Pilates exercises will help you improve your concentration and relax more easily.
Another great benefit of Pilates is that you can practice it anywhere, you just need a quiet space and a mat so you don’t hurt yourself when leaning on the floor. Something you should try, however, is that the space in which you have decided to practice Pilates is a quiet and quiet place since concentration is a very important part of this sport.
If you are interested in knowing how to do Pilates exercises correctly, pay close attention to the instructions below: they will be of great help to you!
What do you need to do Pilates exercises?
- Comfortable sportswear
- Yoga mat
Instructions for doing Pilates exercises
- Remember to stretch. Many people skip this part when training and it’s a pretty serious mistake. It’s not a good idea to start doing Pilates exercises while your body is still cold. Stretching and doing a moderate warm-up for about five minutes will be enough.
- When it comes to doing Pilates exercises, there are three fundamental points that you should keep in mind at all times. The first of these is breathing. Breathing is one of the central points in the practice of Pilates. You should try to relax and get your breathing calm and deep throughout. It is very normal that during some postures or exercises you notice that it is more difficult for you to breathe. What you should try to do in those moments is relax and focus on breathing properly. Remember to breathe deeply during all exercises.
- The second point you should pay attention to is to keep your abdominal and lower back tense during all the exercises. Pilates was designed to enhance these two areas of our body and its exercises are only effective when our abs are tense.
- The last point of great importance is that of concentration. Concentration is key at all times. By being focused on the exercises we carry out, we ensure that the muscles that need to be tense are tense, while we are sure that we relax the muscles that need to rest. One of the best ways to concentrate is by trying to visualize the positions we are performing.
- Practice pilates at home, here we show you how to do pilates at home without having to travel, although if you can do it outdoors even better
- Progress little by little and don’t try to do the more complicated exercises if you don’t feel ready for them. In Pilates there are some exercises that require a lot of strength and concentration and during your first months of practice you will not be able to perform them. Don’t worry, as you gain strength and endurance you will be able to face these more complicated postures and exercises.
- Don’t forget to relax for a while after you’ve practiced your exercises. In this way, your body will be able to rest from the effort to which it has been subjected and you will prepare yourself to face the rest of the day.
- Finally, you should remembernot to do Pilates every day. If you want, you can train up to five days a week, but you should always keep a couple of days off to let your body rest. Despite what most people think, Pilates is not an easy or gentle exercise and your body needs to rest and relax for a couple of days.
Tips for doing pilates exercises
- It’s a good idea to contact an instructor who can supervise your exercises. Pilates is a very technical sport and its exercises are only effective if performed correctly. It will be much easier for you to deepen your knowledge and practice of Pilates if you have a professional to help you. If for economic reasons, or of any other nature, you cannot afford an instructor, there are excellent materials on the net, such as the articles on this site, that will help you perfect your technique.