One of the great desires of a lot of people is to know how to tone legs without going to the gym, something that is perfectly possible through different exercises. This time we are going to talk about how to tone the legs, something that for many people is considered something difficult to achieve but that, following the appropriate indications, is not so complicated.
Performing the activities to tone the appropriate muscles you can achieve good results in a short space of time. However, to achieve this you will need perseverance, a good diet and maintain regular physical activity.
In this article we are going to talk about different fitness exercises for toning the legs that you can do at any time and place. In fact, you can make them in your own home if you prefer.
Create muscles to eliminate fat
You may not have known it, but you should know that generating muscle mass is the best option to burn fat and tone your legs. This is because the body itself makes use of a large amount of energy when it comes to lifting weight, which causes a burning of calories.
After having performed a physical exercise, the body needs to have more energy to be able to heal the “broken” tissues during exercise. In the case of the legs, you should always exercise them, carrying out strength exercises that make the legs can thin, take shape and tone.
In this sense, to tone the legs it is necessary that you seek to create muscle and not burn fat.
Instructions for toning the legs
Below we are going to give you the instructions that you must follow when doing what are some of the best exercises to tone your legs:
- You have to take a step forward with one of your legs and extend the opposite one backwards. Then bend your knees and proceed to lower your body towards the ground.
- The goal is that you touch with your leg extended back to the ground or are as close as possible to doing so. Avoid extending your right knee in front of your toes. To return to your starting position, press your right heel.
- Do three sets of 12 repetitions each.
It is useful for working the front of the upper leg area.
- First of all, you must place yourself in front of the steps of a staircase or in front of a bench.
- Then with your right foot step on the step or bench and raise your left foot to place it next to the right.
- Then lower first the right and then the left. Always keep your back straight and the muscles of the abdomen area contracted.
- You must repeat the exercise 12 times, changing the initial leg.
Used to work the front and back of the thighs
- This exercise is quite simple but must be done in the proper way. The feet should be positioned and spaced apart at a width of hips. The elbows should be bent at an angle of 90 degrees and the arms turned about 45 degrees outward. Posture is of utmost importance.
- He performs two sets of fifteen jumps. Then rest for 30 seconds and start again. You should try to do it faster and faster.
This exercise is very useful to tone the legs and also helps to do the same with the arms.
This exercise has the great advantage that it combines aerobic exercise with bodybuilding. You can do it either at home or in a gym class. They are perfect to strengthen and tone the legs.
You can use either a step or a step and change the steps. At all times make your back always straight.
The heel lift helps you tone the calves of your legs. You can also do it at home or anywhere else.
- You should stand up and spread your legs apart at shoulder height, keeping both your head and back straight.
- Then you should stand on tiptoe and try to hold on as long as possible. Then go down slowly and fully rest your foot on the ground.
- After resting for a few seconds, repeat the exercise. It is advised that you perform three sets of 10 repetitions each.
The bridge exercise allows you to strengthen both the buttocks and tone the legs. They can be done anywhere, either at the gym or at home. It is also perfect for most women who want to deal with cellulite.
- First you should place a mat on the floor (or blanket) and place yourself on your back, with your arms at the sides of your body.
- Then bend your knees until your soles are fully supported on the floor.
- You should try to get a “straight bridge” position. Raise your pelvis to the ceiling and try to hold on as long as you can.
What do you need to tone your legs?
- A good diet
- Be consistent in your physical exercises
Tips for toning your legs
- Before doing any physical exercise, it is advisable that you investigate and learn how to do each exercise in the right way, with the correct postures and the number of repetitions indicated to achieve the best results.
- If you have any doubts when performing any of the exercises or routines, it is best to ask for the opinion of a professional or your personal trainer if you have it.
- To achieve good toning, it is important to accompany physical exercise with a good diet with protein-rich foods.