The abdominal area is one of the parts of the body that most concern many people, since it is one of those that accumulates fat more quickly. Many are those who long to have a flat abdomen, something that is not easy to achieve since this area opposes a great resistance when it comes to eliminating the fat deposited in it.
Despite them there are different activities and exercises to tone the abdomen that you can carry out to achieve your goal. However, you must differentiate between those that are designed to harden the abdomen and those that really work when it comes to eliminating flaccidity while toning it.
Foods to lose weight and tone the abdomen
If you want to know how to tone the abdomen, along the next lines we will explain and detail different exercises you can do to achieve your goal, but not before making a small point in the diet.
To tone the abdomen and lose weight the abdominal area it is very important that in addition to all the fitness activities you can carry out, that you maintain a good diet. In fact, food is more important than exercise itself.
Starting from this base, before detailing the different exercises you can perform to achieve a flat and toned abdomen, we will summarize the main foods that can help you achieve your goal:
- Nuts: Nuts are perfect to eat between meals if you have an appetite and can help you lose weight in the abdomen area.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a very complete food that is rich in protein, magnesium, zinc, potassium and vitamins, among others, in addition to having a satiating effect that favors weight loss.
- Eliminate trans fats: You should eliminate unsaturated fats that are bad for health from your diet.
- Fruit: Fruits such as avocado or pineapple are perfect for trying to slim the abdomen area thanks to their high amount of fiber, nutrients and vitamins.
- Healthy breakfast: It is important that at breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day, you eat healthily. It is advisable to opt for foods such as oat cereals, which among other benefits, help you lose weight.
Instructions for toning the abdomen
Below we will indicate the instructions that you must follow to do some exercises that are highly advisable to tone the abdomen:
This is one of the simplest exercises to achieve a flat abdomen, having to proceed to flexion and extension of legs towards the chest.
- First you must raise one leg to the chest area by bending your knee, making the movement in a slow way and trying to force the abdomen so that it involves an effort.
- Then change legs and continue with the moment without rest, doing the exercise continuously for two minutes.
- To adopt a better posture, keep your arms extended. This way you will favor the work in the abdomen area.
Extended leg lift
- Stand with your body lying on a mat, adopt the starting position and keep in mind that you cannot use your hands to support yourself.
- First of all, you must take your back off the ground and lift both legs in a slow way.
- The posture you must adopt is to be semi-seated, just enough to be able to hold yourself. When elevating your legs try to make force with the abdomen to maintain your balance.
- Hold the position for 12 seconds and rest for about 3-5 seconds. Do a total of five repetitions.
The exercise of abdominal planks is one of the favorite and most common by many people to help tone the abdomen in an effective and fast way. In addition, this exercise has the advantage that it also serves to strengthen other muscles.
- First of all, you should lie face down and raise your body supporting your forearms and with the tips of your feet on the floor, always keeping your back and legs straight.
- You must stay in this position for at least 45 seconds. At first it can be difficult to achieve, but as you exercise you will see how it is easier and easier.
The scissors exercise is ideal for toning a flaccid abdomen, being also very simple to perform and you can do it at any time, directly from the ground and following these indications:
- You should lie on your back and with a straight posture.
- Then extend your legs and place them upwards, preventing them from touching the ground.
- Then you will have to perform muscle tension movements to exercise the area.
- Keep in mind that the lower you can put your legs you will have to make a greater effort with your abdomen, so you will get better results.
When a person talks about toning the abdomen the first thing, he thinks of is doing sit-ups, this being the most classic exercise but equally effective to achieve this goal.
- Stretch on your back on a mat and bend your knees, keeping your feet glued to the floor.
- Place your hands crossed on the chest or behind the head and when you raise your trunk make force with the abdominal area, otherwise you will not be working this area and the exercise will not be effective.
- You should perform as many as you can in a time of one minute.
- To perform this exercise, you must start with a position identical to that of the classic plates. You should start by lying on your stomach and supporting your weight on your forearms and the tips of your feet.
- Then you must change posture with your arms, going on to hold yourself with the palms of your hands.
- You must also make a movement of elevation and descent of the body, making the abdomen work when doing the same.
- Always keep your abdomen and back straight for best results.
To finish our list of recommendations it is worth referring to the spiderman iron, one of the most practiced but also the most demanding.
- Stand on a mat and lift yourself with your forearms and the tips of your feet.
- Then place your elbows at body height until you are in a straight line.
- Slowly bring one of your knees to your elbow on that same side and then make it return to its place, also slowly.
- Then repeat the action with the other leg and alternate between both.
- You should do as many repetitions as possible in 45 seconds.
What do you need to tone your abdomen?
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a balanced diet