Knowing how to gain muscle mass is essential for all those who are concerned about maintaining optimal fitness. For this it is necessary to know the correct way to exercise a muscle, as well as the way in which they should be developed. In this case we are going to focus on one of the parts of the body that most concern athletes and is to know how to gain muscle in the chest.
In this way, if you are one of those people who is concerned about improving their physical shape and who wants to gain muscle mass in the pectorals and thus increase strength, we bring you a chest routine that will help you achieve the best results and, therefore, you can get to fulfill your mission.
Routine to gain muscle in the chest
Knowing how to gain muscle in the chest implies having to carry out an appropriate routine for it, in addition to training with effort and, in addition, following an appropriate diet that allows you to obtain the best results. That said, it will be time to indicate the different exercises that must be followed to increase the muscle in the chest.
Flat press on the ground
The bench press is one of the most popular chest exercises and one of the most basic, there are different variants to be able to carry out. One of them is to make the flat press from the ground, which is also known as “floor press”.
It is an exercise that involves different joints and that allows to develop strength in the upper train, which also helps to improve the blocking force for the bench press. In this exercise, the triceps, pectorals, rhomboids and stabilizers of the scapula are involved.
To do this, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to stand with your legs bent on the floor, making your shoulders in contact with the ground.
- Now hold the bar in a wider way (slightly) than the width of the shoulders and start with the arms extended and the bar on the chest.
- Then the bar should be lowered to the base of the chest until the triceps touch the ground, at the same time that the elbows make an angle of about 45 degrees.
- You must complete the repetition with a full extension of the arms. It is recommended to do four sets of 10,8,6 and 4 repetitions, and whenever possible increase weight.
Flat openings with dumbbells
Another exercise that should be part of your routine if you want to know how to gain muscle in the chest is to make flat openings with dumbbells, which help enormously when it comes to building muscles, increasing thoracic expansion, improving lung capacity, and increasing the range of motion of the joints.
In this case, we find an exercise that involves the lower and upper pectoral, as well as the anterior deltoid and the short head of the biceps brachii. To carry it out, these steps must be followed:
- First you will have to lie on a flat bench, with your feet on the floor or supported, as well as your back and head.
- Now holding the dumbbells vertically to the chest and with a slight separation, with the palms towards the center and semi-flexed elbows.
- Inhaling deeply, it descends until it reaches the height of the pectoral.
- Without modifying the flexion of the elbow, it is necessary to raise again vertically and inwards while expiring. At all times you have to make controlled and slow movements.
Inclined press with dumbbells
After the two exercises mentioned it will be necessary to make an inclined press with dumbbells, with which the upper part of the chest is worked. With this exercise the triceps, pectoralis major and anterior deltoid are worked.
The steps to follow to do this exercise to know how to gain muscle in the chest must be performed these steps:
- First of all, you have to sit on a bench with an inclination of between 30-45 degrees, resting your feet on the floor. The head and back should be kept in contact with the bench.
- Then take a dumbbell with each of your hands and place it in a horizontal line with your shoulders.
- Now you have to inspire and extend your arms vertically, while the dumbbells are approached, and the air expires when you finish with the movement.
- Finally, return to the initial position and proceed to repeat the movement.
A fourth exercise to perform is the pectoral pullover with dumbbell, an exercise that involves different muscle groups, such as pectoralis major, latissimus dorsi, triceps, redondo major, serratus anterior, rhomboid and pectoralis minor.
To carry it out you have to do the following:
- You have to stand on a flat bench, with your feet on the ground and your head on the edge of it.
- With the palm of the hands, you have to hold a dumbbell on the part of the disc.
- With the elbows semi-flexed, the dumbbell will have to be lowered in a controlled and slow way above and behind the head. It should be noticed how the pectoral muscles are stretched.
- Then it is pushed back to the vertical of the eyes while contracting the pectoral. It exhales when it finishes climbing and returns to the initial position